Non-nuclear density meter at hopper dredger KB1649
Posted on Friday, 24 November 2017 at 14:43
Beens Dredging took the non-nuclear density meter of Rhosonics into use on their new hopper dredger kb1649 during a project in the port of Amsterdam a month ago. The customer wanted a non-nuclear density meter to determine the real-time density of the sludge.
The SDM slurry density meter is a good solution for this measuring task, because of its reliable, stable and real-time measurement results. The SDM contributes to the dredging operation and offers many advantages thanks to its ultrasonic technology.
In the port of Amsterdam, a certain amount of sludge needed to be removed from the port to ensure a safe passage for ships. The SDM contributes to:
- Determination of the optimal dredging condition
- Efficient completion of the dredging session
- Reduction of time and money spent on a project
- Quicker response to changing process conditions
- Less obstruction of the pump